Dienstag, 24. Dezember 2013

Willowcrest Update

Hallo followers!
I'm sorry that I didn't post for such a looooong time :-(
Well, I was a little bit busy during the last weeks...
Last week I married my beloved sweetheart and we spend a few days in Paris for honeymoon.
There I visited the shop of Lea Frisoni and my sweetheart bought a present for me.
I chose a small side table for the bedroom:
A few weeks ago I also spend a few days alone in Paris to visit a meeting at the Pasteur Institute.
I also used the time in October to visit Lea Fisonis shop and I bought this little table.
Unfortunately, it was damaged during the flight back to Vienna.....
But I'm sure that I can fix it with a little bit of glue:

Beside all the preparations for the wedding I had a little time to continue the work on the Willowcrest dollhouse.
Here is a Picture of the entrance:
And this is a Picture of the kitchen:
The kitchen will be "dirty" soon but I wait until more rooms are finished so I can do it at once.
I wish you all a merry Christmas and I try to post more pictures next year!!!!!!
See you soon,

Mittwoch, 21. August 2013

Willowcrest- Day 4

I did it again... I bashed the kit!
I love windows and thereby I cut a few new windows into the walls of the Willowcrest!
I cut a door into the left wall to use the baywindow as a balcony:

and three windwos into the staircase wall
and one window for the bathroom.

I'm really happy about the fact that the greenleaf houses are made of "soft" wood because I cut the windwos with a simple cutter!
And I did it after the house was already assembled :-)
I hope you have a nice day!
See you soon,
Hugs Lina

Montag, 19. August 2013

Willowcrest- Day 3

Hey everyone!
I'm sorry that I didn't post for such a long time...
The reason for this is:
1.) I'm finnishing my phD Thesis
2.) My marriage will be this December :-)
I'm so happy and exited!!!!!!
So I'm folding a lot of paper flowers etc. for the wedding.
However, yesterday I decided to continue the building of my willowcrest dollhouse.
Here are a few pictures for you:
The hall on the second floor:
the stair to the third floor:

Have a nice day and see you soon!
Hugs, Lina

Samstag, 6. Juli 2013

Willowcrest- Day 2

Good morning everyone!!!!
I allready finished the building of the Willowcrest dollhouse a few days ago. But just the bare woodwork and not the tiles, wallpapers, etc....
Again, I bashed the kit! The chimney in the attic room was hughe and there was no proper space for a double bed! Actually, the attic was originally planned as one big room but I didn't like it!

So, I cut the chimney and added a ceiling to the kit and three walls! Now I have a small stair hall, a bedroom and one additional tiny room. No idea what I will do with this tiny room, but I like it!

Furthermore, I cut two windows into the foam board walls to the staircase to make it more "open".

Thank you for all the tips concerning the elecrifitcation of my dollhouse!
I decided to use the wire technique!
Have a nice weekend!
See you soon,

Sonntag, 30. Juni 2013

A new project!

Hey followers!
I will start a new project called "townhouses"!
For this reason I added a new tab to my blog, which is only dedicated to this new project!
I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I do!
See you soon, Lina

Samstag, 15. Juni 2013

Willowcrest- Tiles at the entrance hall

Good morning followers!!!!
Today, I would like to show you how I did the tile floor at the entrance hall....
all you need is:
smoothing cement
coffee (no... not for you!!!)
First I painted a piece of cardboard with black varnish.... I just needed a very samll part of this cardboard but I'm sure that I will find some other projects for the rest of it!
I cut a pattern of the floor (also on a piece of thin cardboard) and marked the center of it...
You need some "tiles" cut again from cardboard:
tiny black squares: 0,5x 0,5 cm
big white squares: 2 x 2 cm
and long white tiles: 0,5 x 2 cm
I started in the center of the floor just by gluing the tiles with tacky glue to the cardboard pattern...
be sure to keep a small gap between the tiles...
at the end I varnished the complete floor with transparent varnish...
as soon as the floor was dry I used some smoothing cement to fill the gaps between the tiles
and finally I used some coffee to make the floor a little bit old and shabby... and your house smells great!!!!
So, I hope you like this little tutorial and if you try it I wish you great success!!!
Hugs, Lina