Montag, 25. Februar 2013

Pocket door - Tutorial Part 1

Inspired by Otterine's wonderful pocket door I started to build one for my Beacon Hill.
Since I like to build things on my own withouth purchasing it finished I try to build a pocket door from cardboard and wood strips.

First, I build a "frame" for the door from wood strips in the same sice as the cutaway for the door in the wall of the Beacon Hill.
Remember that there should be enough space around the "door" which is necessary for the working mechanism.
The design you choose for your door is up to you :-)
 

 
I cut some door panels from cardboard
and glued them to the pocket door.
And I added an additional wood strip at the brink of the door to hide the different layers of wood and cardboard.
 
This is the side facing the hallway of the BH

 
And this is the side of the pocket door facing the kitchen of the BH.
I also added card baord to clear the difference between the white cardboard and the wood strips of the "door".
Now each structure is on the same level.

 
Here you can see the first layer of paint on my "pocket door".

 
Here I stopped working because we spend the weekend in Rome/ Italy and I didn't have time for my minis.
However, I'm not sure if the pocket door will work...
We will see....   :)
 
See you soon,
Lina

8 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Lina, Hope you had a great time in Rome!? Great tutorial! Love your door. Going to give it a try this week and hopefully it would look just as nice as your door. gr. AM

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The pocket door looks very promising and it's nice to see your workprocess step by step. I am looking forward to part 2.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Great work. Thanks for sharing.
    Bye Faby

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Your door looks great I cant wait to see the next part. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful time in Rome.
    Hugs Maria

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Me encanta como lo has explicado, intentaré hacerlo haber que sale. Muchas gracias

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Buen trabajo,el resultado será perfecto!!!
    Besos.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Great tutorial, Lina, the door looks wonderful.
    Hugs, Ilona

    AntwortenLöschen